[Spridgets] Misc LBC & Motorcycle ramblings in NC

To: Spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Spridgets] Misc LBC & Motorcycle ramblings in NC
From: CosmicMag1380 <cosmicmag1380@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 14 Jul 2008 22:30:08 -0600
I was in Maggie Valley, NC last week and saw a bunch of old Jaguar sedans in
front of a place on hwy 19 called Steve's Antique Auto & Motorcycle parts. I
had to stop and check it out. The owner actually showed me around and I was
impressed! Talk about an old school junkyard! He seemed to be more of a
collector than a junkyard guy... He has over 3,000 motorcycles and hundreds
of cars, many English. He does own 6 Bugeyes by his count and several square
body Spridgets. I saw XKEs  in various stages of disrepair, MGBs, MGAs, a
TD, a Datsun Fairlady roadster, a Porsche 356, Fiat 850 spiders, Fiat 600s
(?), and a bunch of collectable American Iron. One shed had 21 Jag engines
in the corner! This fellow has 10 buildings full of this stuff and I only
saw the insides of 2 of them!!! I had asked him about Datsun 210 trannies
and he showed me a pile of trannies but nothing looked quite right to me at
the moment. I will admit that I am not an expert in identifying the correct
ones for our cars. His start price was $225 and he claims that none have
more than 20K something miles. I'm pretty sure that I saw a B210 tranny in
the spot for the Datsun stuff.

Walking around his place was the highlight of my day! From there we went to
the "Wheels of Time Motorcycle Museum". It is dedicated to the American
Motorcycles and is privately owned. For those of you who may want to visit
it, do so soon. They are moving to Prescott, AZ in November. This place is
well-known by the biker world because they actually start the bikes for you
instead of them just being display pieces. I got to hear a couple of Indians
and a Henderson being fired up! They pride themselves on the fact that their
bikes actually run and drive!
NFI, just had fun looking,
--
Kent