[Spridgets] Which Generator?

To: Spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Spridgets] Which Generator?
From: "rrengineer @dslextreme.com" <rrengineer@dslextreme.com>
Date: Sat, 15 Nov 2008 17:10:37 -0800
I was given a generator by a restorer friend of mine because he thought he
had no need of it.  I am trying to dertemine what I have here, so you
experts out there can start guessing.
It is a C40, not a C40-1.  It has the extended rear threaded rear end for
the gear reduction gear box with external brass oiler.  The electrical
connections are spade type and look like they were designed for this rear
plate.  the front plate has the ribs inboard.  The main body transitions
down about a quarter inch in diameter for the rear 2 inches or so.  It is
dated 11-65?  What the heck doI have?  Oh, yeah, it turns very freely, so
freely, I think the brushes are worn out.
Mike MacLean
60 Sprite
56 BN2