Re: [Spridgets] Was: Save them from the crusher ! Now Guns :(

To: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] Was: Save them from the crusher ! Now Guns :(
From: "David Riker" <davriker@nwi.net>
Date: Fri, 2 Jan 2009 07:15:55 -0800
Only criminals commit crimes.  NOTHING you say will convince me not to do
everything in my power to outlaw guns.  NOTHING I say will convince you not
to fight me on it every step of the way.  That's why there are lawyers and
politicians.   Want to keep it going?  Let's talk abortion, prayer in
school, death with dignity, gay marriage, the Bush presidency, or many other
HOT button topics.  This list is diverse, interesting, and that is one of
the things that I like.  Just don't bash people for their passionate
opinions.

Back to the car crushing:
In the eighties, there was a real worry that crushing gas guzzlers would
result not in the destruction of actual classics, but in the reduction of
donor cars to get used parts for the classics.  Well, most of those cars are
off the road anyway, and most of the nice classics are in the hands of
people who are truely caring for them.  Today, we are talking about crushing
and removing 1995 Chrysler LeBaron's with 175,000 miles on them.  Driving is
not a right, it is a privilige.  If you doubt me, read your state's driver's
handbook, or ask a Highway Patrol person.  The excuse that crusher laws will
target poor people, well... privilges are for those who can afford them,
rights are for everybody.

When I start my 1963 Ford Falcon, it polutes more in the first 5 minutes of
run time than my wife's 03 Lexus does in a year of driving.  I am blowing
that smoke into your lungs.  Do I really have the RIGHT to do that?  I do it
now because it is legal, but looking in the mirror, I'd have a hard time
convincing myself or anybody else that I should be allowed to.

David R.