Re: [Spridgets] Midget 50th and beyond....

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] Midget 50th and beyond....
From: Bill L <pythias@pacifier.com>
Date: Mon, 12 Jan 2009 05:51:44 -0800
Hello David,

     You've nailed the problem perfectly.  I saw this problem happen
     when we voted to change the UNION meeting time from 8:00 to 5:00.
     I've heard more gripes since from those who can't make the 5:00
     meeting that they would go if it were moved back a couple of
     hours, but since they can't get to the meeting, and those who DO
     do got the 5:00 want it to stay there, it never gets moved back
     to the time of the greater participation. ...

     No matter WHERE the meeting is held it will skew the results in
     favor of meeting nearest to where the vote is held.

     The problem with Trevor's solution, is that it presumes that we
     are organized enough to actually hold a vote on ANYTHING.

       He is  right in wanting the person suggesting a venue to be the one
     charge of that venue. It'll keep the riff raff from just popping
     off and insure that only venues that HAVE and organizer will be
     suggested...

     There are NO ideal solutions... the country is just too big.
     Somebody just has to pick one and go with it......and live with
     the results....We can't all be happy all the time, and life isn't
     always fair.

     my 2 cents.

--
Best regards,
 Bill L.                           mailto:pythias@pacifier.com

 '66 Sprite MKIII HAN8L49403   "the red thing"