[Spridgets] Email Problems

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: [Spridgets] Email Problems
From: fastvee <fastvee@yahoo.com>
Date: Sat, 17 Jan 2009 10:28:37 -0800 (PST)
My apologies to the list for two previous empty messages. My replies were
somehow trimmed when I sent them, and I have since resubscribed from my other
email account. I am baffled, and hope it is not related to an infection of
windefender 2009 scareware on Tuesday. FYI, A popup appears telling you it has
discovered activity at your firewall and tries to redirect you to their
download site where their worm is implanted, which has the ability to send your
info, passwords, and screen shots back to the sender. I followed manual
instructions to clear the hidden files from my registry and temp folder and
have used the computer without problems until this morning. I have updated
Symantic AV, Spybot Search&Destroy, and AdAware, and none caught the scareware
download. If one of these scareware popups appears  on your computer, DO NOT
click on it anywhere. Closing the browser immediately or unplugging the CPU
seems to be the only safe method to avoid infection.
http://tinyurl.com/8kbwna
John
Fogelsville, PA