Re: [Spridgets] No LBC but Interesting read. Real or Bunk?

To: "Spridgets" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] No LBC but Interesting read. Real or Bunk?
From: "David Lieb" <dbl@chicagolandmgclub.com>
Date: Sun, 18 Jan 2009 18:53:06 -0600
I imagine that the real reason Tesla never made a commercial success of his
wireless power was that it would be too hard to bill consumers for a
wireless power supply, and therefore not very attractive to investment
capital. Nowadays, we would put hour-meters on the equipment and bill for
usage.

Given the growing evidence of a correlation between high-tension lines and
incidence of cancers, perhaps it is just as well that Tesla did not succeed
in bombarding us with even more power.

Of course, Edison was somewhat thwarted as well. He believed strongly in DC
power. The problem with DC at the time was that it was too difficult to
transport in commercial quantities. It was fine if you generated your own,
but it was quite difficult to raise the voltage and quite inefficient to
lower it. AC had the major advantage that a transformer can efficiently
raise or lower the voltage making it practical to send it across country as
high voltage/low amperage over a comparitively small wire.
David Lieb