Re: [Spridgets] NO LBC - Guitar amps

To: froggi60@gmail.com, billyzoom@billyzoom.com
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] NO LBC - Guitar amps
From: TMHEFFRON@aol.com
Date: Mon, 26 Jan 2009 21:56:04 EST
I've had a '67 Blackface Twin Reverb for about twenty years and I only play
it twice a year just to keep the filter caps from deteriorating.  You got  to
turn a tube amp up to about 40 to 60% for them to sound good, and on a Twin
that's way too loud.  And too heavy to drag around anyway.  You  can get an
attenuator to reduce the power to the speaker but it's nice to just  use the
right size amp for the particular volume level you  want.  There are a lot of
really great new (and old) tube amps on the  market that are a lot more fun to
play and easier on the back than the  Twin.  My brother got a new Fender
Superchamp XD (15 watts) and it sounds  pretty decent and would be very good
with a
better 10 inch speaker.  He  also got a Blackheart head (3 or 5 watts
switchable)  and cab with 12 inch  and it's a pretty good sounding amp too.  I
just got
a bitsa '53 widepanel  Fender Pro with a '58 chassis up and running.  It's
switchable from about  12 watts up to 35 and has a 15 Jensen speaker.   And for

obligatory LBC content it fits right into the trunk of my '66 Sprite layed
flat.
TuTone

In a message dated 1/26/2009 8:09:28 P.that sounds very good M. Central