Re: [Spridgets] Taurus Judge - 410 Gauge goes off from trunk in

To: Kirk Hargreaves <khargreaves2@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] Taurus Judge - 410 Gauge goes off from trunk in
From: Jim Johnson <bmwwxman@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 28 Jan 2009 13:31:25 -0600
Used these to great effect in 'Nam.  Way better than 00 B loads.  Even with
a .410 shotshell they will knock a man down solidly even though you only hit
an appendage. In 12 ga. they will knock a man down so that he never gets up
again.

http://www.antipersonnel.net/sdllc/index.html

Cheers!!
Jim

On Wed, Jan 28, 2009 at 12:53 PM, Kirk Hargreaves <khargreaves2@gmail.com>wrote:

> A year or so ago there was a prowler who tried to get into my son and
> daughter in laws home in Dixon.
>
> Kristin, my daughter in law is drop dead beautiful.  It so happened that
> there was a guy who was
> jiggling the lock on their downstairs door while she was home alone during
> the day.  She came down the stairs and saw the guy through the curtain that
> hangs over the glass on the door leading to the side of the house.
>
> Fortunately, they also have a 100 + pound Shepherd mix who went ape. . .and
> the guy left.   This happened two times.
>
> For a long time she was not able to be in the home alone.
>
> So her father lends her an old shot gun that shoots the 410 gauge, like the
> Taurus Judge.  Of course she is not comfortable with guns, so I am not sure
> that she would have done anything with it.
>
> One day my son was loading the gun into the trunk of her Toyota Avalon.
> Somehow, he thought that the chamber was empty, and "somehow" the damn
> thing
> went off while in his trunk.  It blew a hole through the sheet metal and
> scattered the shot against the cements steps, which were all chewed up as a
> result.  The blast just missed his dog as the dog was standing outside -
> and
> fortunately, no one else was in the path of the guns release.
>
> The damage created by that 410 gauge was really impressive - that is one
> wicked load.
>
> The Taurus Judge comment reminded me.
>
> Kirk
> 59 BE (with clean sheet metal)

Cheers!!
Jim
"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough
to take everything you have." - Thomas Jefferson