Re: [Spridgets] Angle of Gas Struts

To: Kirk Hargreaves <khargreaves2@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] Angle of Gas Struts
From: Jim Johnson <bmwwxman@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 30 Jan 2009 13:41:07 -0600
Basic physics. The angle of the struts determines the load each strut will
have. Peter's scale experiment assumes the struts will be straight up at the
spot the box of Marina brake shoes contacted the bonnet. If anyone wants, I
can calculate load based upon angle if I know the weight of the bonnet and
the extended length of the strut. Gravity (g) always points straight down
from the spot where the strut attaches to the bonnet, eh?  Come on,
Soave...   you know this stuff!  High school physics!

Cheers!!
Jim