Re: [Spridgets] Now it starts

To: spridgets list <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] Now it starts
From: brian S <bugeye15@hotmail.com>
Date: Sat, 31 Jan 2009 08:35:33 -0500
I've tried sending this numerous times, and it never showed up.
so I've trimmed it down, maybe my reply was too large.
Hope it makes it this time.

Yeah,

I'll say it runs well. Well it sounds friggin AWESOME to me. heheheh
Haven't heard it run in tooooo many years.
Love the sound of an open exhaust. :-)
It took us a while, would run on ether, or by spraying gas in it, but carbs
wouldn't
suck gas. Weird that the brand new set of plugs were black after just
 a few times of 1 sec starts. We swapped plugs, swapped carbs. no difference
Would run by spraying stuff in the carbs so we knew it wasn't electrical.
Frank had the idea about the paper towels I had stuffed into the intake, so we
decided
to take the whole thing off. That's when we noticed the marks on the gasket.
Good thing I had painted the intake, probably would still be pulling our hair
out...
as from the top all, looked and felt tight.
Once Frank massaged the heat shield, it all fell into place.
Started, and with Frank's magic tuning abilities, it sounded great in no
time.
Bled the brakes and clutch,
put in the dash, hooked up the wiring.
All dash switches work, figured out how to hook up the aftermarket old school
elec tach
Put the radiator in, using Frank's speed setup. :-) trick, it will now be easy
to take out
to paint it properly.
Exhaust hooked up. :-(, wish I didn't have to run a muffler...
Figured out the squeak in the steering. Had to rotate the rack to align the
shaft properly.
.
About all that is left is hook up the lights, engineer the front tilt and
do the interior. Got to figure out what to do about seats.
I have Fiero ones, but the roll bar cross bar puts the drivers seatback too
upright.
May have to cut the tops off the seats, but then I'd lose the headrest
speakers, hmmm.

All in all, a very productive day, I think.
Thanks for putting up with my amateur and ham fisted mechanical abilities
for the day, Frank!
And thanks to all that offered suggestions on what it might be.
Guess Ron wins the Cupie Doll!

Brian S.
Bugeyeracer under resto

Windows Live: E-mail. Chat. Share. Get more ways to connect.
http://windowslive.com/howitworks?ocid=TXT_TAGLM_WL_t2_allup_howitworks_01200
9