Re: [Spridgets] Cool car ad

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] Cool car ad
From: Rick Bastedo <rbastedo@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 1 May 2009 11:37:56 -0700
"The trouble with most people is that they've never really understood the
question..."

"Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the
experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination
to do so."

"The major difference between a thing that might go wrong and a thing that
cannot possibly go wrong is that when a thing that cannot possibly go wrong
goes wrong it usually turns out to be impossible to get at or repair."
(sounds like he owned a few British cars)

"Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so."

"The impossible often has a kind of integrity to it which the merely
improbable lacks."

"Anything that is in the world when you're born is normal and ordinary and
is just a natural part of the way the world works. Anything that's invented
between when you're fifteen and thirty-five is new and exciting and
revolutionary and you can probably get a career in it. Anything invented
after you're thirty-five is against the natural order of things."

"Flying is learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss."

RIP Doug.

RickB