[Spridgets] Turn Signal

To: Spridget Chat Group <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Spridgets] Turn Signal
From: Michael Rowe <mdrowe@optonline.net>
Date: Fri, 01 May 2009 21:05:54 -0400
My turn signal off finger is tired and usually does not work.  So I put a
buzzer across the terminals of the flasher can as a reminder.  Surprisingly,
the buzzer works when the turn lights are off, not on, so it goes buzz, lights,
buzz, lights, etc.

First question:  Why does the buzzer go off when the lights are on?  Surely the
tiny buzzer has less resistance than two lights.

Second question:  I have lost all four turn lights, so the buzzer goes
constantly when the switch is on in either direction.  What is completing the
circuit if there is no power to the lights?  (Actually, I lost a lot of other
lights as well, but that turned out to be a bad connection at the fuse box.)

I think the flasher unit is OK as I made it "flash" the horn with a jumper at
one point.

Michael Rowe
'74 Midget
'60 Bugeye kit