[Spridgets] Braking me

To: Spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Spridgets] Braking me
From: Ron Soave <soavero@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 8 May 2009 20:17:04 -0700 (PDT)
I guess I;m just venting here. My very nice street Bugeye is suffering from
Honda Romeo Syndrome. This is a condition where an LBC is left largely unused
for 3 years while you get your LBC fix on the racetrack and use old Jap bikes
and Italian cars as your daily drivers during those few weeks when the streets
of your town don't resemble a glacier. I drove the car last November before the
snow came with Woerpel riding shotgun, and he will bear witness to my finely
honed handbrake skills. So a few weeks ago I changed the front wheel cylinders
and rubber brake hoses (both 11 years old; rears are 11 too but look fine and
dry). I gravity bled it and can't get the damn thing to bleed. I'm ready for an
intervention. I don't think anything is wrong with the master - fluid is
pumping, I just get no pedal when I'm done. This is a 4 wheel drum brake car,
all original style with single master. I've ripped the braking system out of
the racecar in its entirety and not
 had anywhere near this difficulty. I tried conventional bleeders (for gravity
and initial bleed) followed by speedbleeders which I've always found idiot
proof. There are no obvious leaks. Any suggestions welcomed, as are prayers or
voodoo.

Thanks for "listening"
Ron