[Spridgets] If I had a welder, I'd welder in the mornin',

To: spridget <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Spridgets] If I had a welder, I'd welder in the mornin',
From: David Booker <tncarnut1@yahoo.com>
Date: Sun, 10 May 2009 20:40:25 -0700 (PDT)
Crap!  I was getting ready to put my new "Chassis Saver" paint on the engine
compartment and remembered that I hadn't removed the last two mounting screws
I had to cut off from my original heater box.  No big deal.  Out comes the
chisel and hammer to tap them with and a small pair of vice-grips to twist
them out.

A few miutes later, they were both out, but I was now painfully aware of just
how little metal was actually left of the tray there.  If I had remained
unaware, I coulda painted it and put the new stuff back and gone blissfully on
my way till the battery hit me in the foot some day.  But nooooo.  Now that I
know, I'm reminded once again that I really need to get a welder and take some
lessons.

Instead, I'll probably try to get it to my neighbor's body shop some night
after work and cut it all out, form up a new one on his brake and watch him
weld it in.  Man, I need to learn this welding stuff!

 - David