Re: [Spridgets] Speedo Cable

To: "'6pack@autox.team.net'" <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] Speedo Cable
From: Bill Masquelier <billmasq@hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 15 May 2009 15:59:50 -0700
Just a dumb question-

Have you oiled your speedo cable? It really helps to keep it turning. I oil
mine with some 30 weight or whatever I have in the garage at the minute. Pull
the cable out of the sheath, add oil, reinsert cable. It will be good for
about 2 or 3 years before needing oil again.

Bill

> Date: Fri, 15 May 2009 12:59:43 -0700
> From: khargreaves2@gmail.com
> To: cmanuel@wi.rr.com
> CC: spridgets@autox.team.net
> Subject: [Spridgets] Speedo Cable
>
> Chris,
>
> When I changed out the smooooth case for a rib case. . I lost functionality
> of the speedometer.
>
> Probably the end is not long enough for the rib case.
>
> But like yours. . it also works with an electric drill.
>
> So I took the vari speed cordless drill and wired it up to the tach. I
> taped the drill onto the bottom of the car with duct tape. I then
> calibrated it so that the drill will run at the correct RPM to give me an
> accurate speed indication.
>
> Prior to that I would keep the drill hooked up to the cable inside the car
> and use my finger on the trigger to turn it at the correct RPM while
looking
> at the tach which works.
>
> I must have put a couple thousand miles on the car with my hand on the
drill
> so that I could see the speedometer working. Then I got the idea to duct
> tape the drill to the bottom of the car and run the leads to the tach so
> that it works by itself.
>
> These, among other things, are some of the genius methods I have used to
> work around little problems with my 59 Frog Aye.
>
> And somebody is going to read this and think that I am actually telling the
> truth!
>
> Kirk
> 59 Frog !

Hotmail. has a new way to see what's up with your friends.
http://windowslive.com/Tutorial/Hotmail/WhatsNew?ocid=TXT_TAGLM_WL_HM_Tutoria
l_WhatsNew1_052009