Re: [Spridgets] Sintered Bronze Bushes (& spigot bushes)

To: Spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] Sintered Bronze Bushes (& spigot bushes)
From: Ron Soave <soavero@yahoo.com>
Date: Sun, 17 May 2009 15:38:26 -0700 (PDT)
--- On Sun, 5/17/09, Ed's Shop <shop@justbrits.com> wrote:
> indicating full saturation of the bronze matrix.
> Author:  Barney Gaylord, MGAGURU

I heard a theory that in a fully matrixed bronze bushing if you fully saturate
the matrix as suggested, you can actually do more harm than good if you run the
engine over 5000 RPM for any period of time. The temperature of the surface
film of oil will exceed 500F locally, which is above the coking point of both
SAE and MIL-L-7808 and MIL-L-23699 oils, and the oil will coke. In the absence
of a properly reactive surfactant, the resultant carbon deposit wears the crank
spigot exponentially.

OK, OK - I made that up. Just wanted to use the word "matrix" and sound
"Guru-ish" too! ;-). Soak it good -

Anon