[Spridgets] running woes

To: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Spridgets] running woes
From: "cathey speichinger" <cathe125@suddenlink.net>
Date: Fri, 22 May 2009 16:31:14 -0500
Got the running issue resolved or at least it seems after two 1 hour trips
but a new issue has presented itself.  As everyone remembers Iris would die
at low rpms (would restart but run like it was flooded) but run fine on the
upper ranges BUT this only happened on warm days and sometimes even then it
wouldnt appear.  Well what I found was that there was a small torn o ring
(gland seal) which fits right under the jet bearing.  Changed it, checked
the float level and basically cleaned everything else, set the jet at 12
flats and worked my way to where it runs great with no hesitation at all and
no stalling issues.  What it does do now  is run hot (above 210) when going
over fifty mph.  Under 50 it stays right around 190.  Too lean???  Plugs are
a tannish color.  Ideas???   Also I checked the timing and re-ran the valve
lash and both were fine.  Valves set at .012

Have to try and have it ready for a 50 mile run tomorrow so hopefully it is
a minor issue as far as resolving it.

Leo