[Spridgets] Mystery gasket (help me ID, please)

To: spridget <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Spridgets] Mystery gasket (help me ID, please)
From: David Booker <tncarnut1@yahoo.com>
Date: Sun, 24 May 2009 12:16:30 -0700 (PDT)
I'm trying to get everything back together now so I can reinstall the engine
sometime in the next few days.  Am preparing to put the oil pan back on and
have a couple spare gasket pieces in the oil pan gasket kit I can't place.
There are the two long gaskets that go along each side of the pan, there are
the two rubber seals that go on each end, and there are two straight cork
pieces I can't identify.  Can somebody tell me what they are?  There were no
corresponding cork pieces when I removed the pan (to beat out the huge dent
somebody placed there for me).  Could it be that these were there instead of
the rubber on earlier versions of the engine?  Mine's a 1275 if that matters.

Thanks,
David Booker
'71 Midget
Long Island