Re: [Spridgets] 2 Races

To: "Wm. Severin Thompson" <wmseverin@charter.net>, "'Spridgets List'"
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] 2 Races
From: "Larry Daniels" <ladaniels@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Sun, 24 May 2009 21:21:26 -0500
I never raced at Indy (IRP doesn't count) but I've done a whole bunch of
laps at RA.  I did the kink at a little better than 130 mph (Rahal and his
pals did it at 170 --  yikes and holy sh_t).  I realized after a few laps
that I was lifting a little bit for that corner when I didn't need to.  One
part of my my mind was telling me that I couldn't make it at that speed, but
another part of it was saying, "Go for it, you chicken shit".  I ended up
putting my left foot on top of my right to hold the gas pedal down so I
couldn't unconsciously lift.  Scared the crap out of me at first.  I
absolutely agree with Bobby on that one.  Nothing like that to make you feel
like you are alive, though.  Damn, I miss that stuff.

Larry D