Re: [Spridgets] I learned something tonight and thought I'd pass it

To: "spridget" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] I learned something tonight and thought I'd pass it
From: "Dean Hedin" <dlh2001@comcast.net>
Date: Tue, 26 May 2009 01:35:32 -0400
Tonight I learned that the trim screw mounting hole postions for the interior
panels of a Bugeye vary slightly from
vehicle to vehicle. Presumably this was up to the whim of the production line
person.

As a consequence,  I also learned that the original set of red panels that I
have are not original to my car.
I do have one original black kick panel, but I have not checked if it's holes
line up.   It would be nice if the black panel fit
as I have already gone with black for the interior.

To drill properly aligned holes in the new panels that I made, I took a few
junk screws and cut the heads off.
Using vise grips, I would then screw these into the existing holes and then
place the new panel up againt them.
Tapping the panel lightly with a mallet would then leave a depression that I
could drill.

Seemed easier than drilling new holes.

I also found some more original OEW paint on my car's front frame while I was
preparing to paint in that area.
Having now seen the colors side by side, I am convinced more than ever that
Rustoleum "Antique White" is a
dead ringer for OEW, at least for the OEW that my car was painted with..