Re: [Spridgets] Another Kind of Lurch

To: "Bud Pazur" <bpazur@excel.net>, "Spridgets"
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] Another Kind of Lurch
From: "Richard Ball" <richb@u.washington.edu>
Date: Tue, 26 May 2009 08:25:01 -0700
Although this may not apply to your bugeye  I had a similar problem on our
old '82 Chevy based motorhome.

After stopping for the night at the KOA near to the Corvette museum in
Bowling Green Kentucky, I started up the rig to let it warm up.  It idled
great.  When given gas it revved up great.  Put it in gear and it would idle
fine, but give it gas in gear and it sputter and had no power at all.  We
limped it into town and had breakfast at the waffle house before starting to
work on it.  Replaced the fuel filter, fuel pump adjusted the timing again,
checked the wirering, all no help.  While under the motorhome I noticed the
muffler was blotted and misshaped.  Took it to Midas and had the muffler
replaced under warranty.  Problem fixed.  Apparently the muffler had
collapsed internally and was blocking the flow.  Too much back pressure, no
go.

This may not be your problem, but worth checking out.

Rich Ball
'76 Midget
Everett, Wa