Re: [Spridgets] If you liked Cash For Clunkers,

To: "Jim Johnson" <bmwwxman@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] If you liked Cash For Clunkers,
From: "Larry Daniels" <ladaniels@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Sun, 2 Aug 2009 00:09:20 -0500
----- Original Message -----
From: "Jim Johnson" <bmwwxman@gmail.com>

On Sat, Aug 1, 2009 at 1:33 PM, Norm 2Bs <twobees@sprynet.com> wrote:

>  Fact is their
> system seems to work better than ours at preserving life.

Sure. That explains why the Canadian doctors are besieged by hoards of
Americans crossing the border to get that *better* care.

If what you say is true, why do so many people from all over the world come
to the US for their healthcare?

I lived in England fo 6 years and my first wife was British. The British
system is a horror. I still have lots of friends over there and in Canada.
We've compared our experiences with healthcare systems. They envy us.

Your "truth" falls painfully short of the mark. It has nothing to do with
Liberal / Conservative or left or right wing.
--
Cheers!!
Jim

The US spends more per capita on healthcare than any other country in the
world.  For that tremendous outlay our healthcare system is ranked 37th in
the world by the World Health Organization.

Read it here: http://www.photius.com/rankings/healthranks.html

Actually, that's an improvement; we were 42nd last year.  How's that for
bang for your buck?  Do you enjoy paying more for less?

The "horror" of a system in the UK is ranked 18th.

Who do you think is metering your care now?  A private insurance company who
is trying to maximize their profit.  The less your care costs them the more
profit they put in their pocket.  Certainly, they care more about you.

So far as this crap about having long waits if we go to a single payer
system, BS, the only thing that will affect your waiting time is supply and
demand.  Sure, if we burn down half of our hospitals and fire half of our
doctors we will have longer waits.  Simply changing how it is paid for will
change nothing in that regard.  So find a new boogeyman.

Our Medicare system has been working just fine for more than 40 years.  My
company has worked with that system for nearly 25 years.  It has not changed
a thing about availability of care for any seniors.  They have no longer
waits than I do and receive the same care as I do.

By the way, many Americans are going to Europe for care because they have
more advanced care than we do in some areas.

LAD