Re: [Spridgets] Gas tank and pump thoughts.-Final

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] Gas tank and pump thoughts.-Final
From: "Mark Haynes" <haynes386@netzero.net>
Date: Tue, 4 Aug 2009 12:56:38 GMT
Alright, so here's the upshot of barely getting back from Breckenridge (I've
been on Vacation w/wife & kids,so it took a while):
Original mechanical fuel pump diaphragm is leaking (thus a lack of suction
especially when climbing) gas down the side of the engine.
Facet fuel pump is dead (<100 miles!) so it's going back for a refund (thank
goodness it was from NAPA).
Fuel tank had some rust (not a lot) so it got cleaned with Metal Ready.
Put the spare fuel pump on and all is well. I did get a bit of small rust
particles out of the tank when I emptied it (ran it through a coffee filter of
all things-rough coffee the next morning, but worth it). Thanks to everyone
who chimed in, I think I'll get a rebuild kit from Colin since I like having
the primer lever.

Mark Haynes
HAN6L12779
HAN5L8016

Easy-to-use, advanced features, flexible phone systems.  Click here for more
info.
http://thirdpartyoffers.netzero.net/TGL2231/fc/BLSrjnxcAB30Ui4kjzquf4o4at1rRs
PL3H3w0vil4tARiQ8oRONJkHEG5F2/