Re: [Spridgets] CM Midget Project

To: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] CM Midget Project
From: "Deikis, John G" <John.Deikis@va.gov>
Date: Wed, 26 Aug 2009 19:24:52 -0400
C'mon!  We're talkin' chump change. I TIP my engine builder that kind of
money.

Yours, for bright and shiney teeth,

Dr. J

"The World's Fastest Cheese-powered Sprite"

Date: Tue, 25 Aug 2009 17:55:05 -0700 (PDT)

From: Ron Soave <soavero@yahoo.com>

Subject: Re: [Spridgets] Classic Motorsports Midget Project

To: spridgets@autox.team.net, Paul Baker <paulbaker53@yahoo.co.uk>

You can build an honest 112 horsepower for under $5K, and it will run at
7500 RPM for 3 years, 3 races and 1 lap. $11.5K will buy you a Huffaker
or Bauchman motor built at their $100 per hour shop rate. I talked to a
guy last week selling a Prather built race engine for $8,000, dyno time
only. He has receipts for $10,700 without carbs, intake or exhaust. It
dyno'd at 134bhp on an allegedly accurate dyno. $11.5K for a street
motor is ridiculous.

Ron