[Spridgets] The toasted 74 Midget...

To: "Spridgets" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Spridgets] The toasted 74 Midget...
From: "Dean Hedin" <dlh2001@comcast.net>
Date: Fri, 2 Oct 2009 20:23:01 -0400
Basically the carbs are toasted.  I would not trust the carbs
other than for spare parts.  The bells may have warped.

As mentioned below, The fire probably was not very long.
I bought the plastic 6 blade fan from this motor and it was in fine shape.

If I were to buy this engine I would tear it down and do the works to it.
If it only has 60K then it may not need much, but I would not just
toss this engine into a car without a tear down.

The engine has not been painted and is the original black color.
The owner has pulled the engine/trans out of the car.

FWIW, I also took the rear axle and anti-sway bar from this car to upgrade my
Bugeye.

Good seats (tan), dash board, body parts, steel wheels (new tires), etc remain.