Re: [Spridgets] Help - Seemingly Incurable Brake Fade

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] Help - Seemingly Incurable Brake Fade
From: GUY DAY <grday@btinternet.com>
Date: Mon, 5 Oct 2009 00:32:30 +0000 (GMT)
This is one of the little demos I did when lecturing to various groups.  It
was always good to ask what will happen when speaking to groups of 'advanced
drivers' or to a group of driving instructors.  You could bet that half of
them would get it wrong as it is rather counter intuitive; you expect a 'pull
from the rear' to hold you straight but it doesn't.

When setting the car
off, to prove it wasn't me spinning the car with the rears locked up I used a
3 foot length of builders plastic wiring channel for the car to go down before
it span on the table.  btw - with a toy car there is no need to swap the
rubber band from front to back - just turn the car round.  The locked wheels
will always try to lead.

Guy R Day