Re: [Spridgets] Horn trouble

To: Norbert Sliwinski <nsliwinski@hotmail.com>
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] Horn trouble
From: Frank <spritenut@comcast.net>
Date: Fri, 23 Oct 2009 22:17:30 -0400
Norbert Sliwinski wrote:
> Hello all,
>

> before I entirely loose my religion over this I am asking the group - how can
> I  hook up one horn?

Like others have said, check to make sure the horns work by hooking them
up to 12 volts.
If so, and the fuse is good (and clean) check the wire under the dash at
the steering column that hooks the horn wire to the steering wheel lead.
There is a bullet connector there, keep this connection in mind and
accessible in the event your horn decides to start blowing for no reason
while stuck at a light and a big burly guy is crossing the street   ;)
unplug that wire from where you sit by reaching up under the dash.
I had to show Father Jack this maneuver  as his horn blew when it wanted
on the Holy Sprite. But we did fix that.
Also a fresh painted steering column will make for a bad ground of the
horn contact.

--
Frank Clarici
Toms River, NJ