[Spridgets] What else?

To: Spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Spridgets] What else?
From: David Lieb <72spridget@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 1 Jan 2010 15:48:16 -0600
OK, this is short notice, but here goes...
My sister is getting married in Crestview, Florida (western panhandle,
not too far from Pensacola) on Saturday the 9th. It is a long day's
drive from the NW suburbs of Chicago (917 miles or so) that would be
more enjoyable if spread across two days. Not taking a Spridget cuz I
need to bring a drill press home with me. Planning to stop in
Nashville on the way back to see the Lane Motor Museum (after all,
they have a Brazilian DKW there), but trying to decide where to stop
on the way down.

Ideally, we would be leaving Palatine at 3ayem or so on Thursday
morning (the ONLY way to drive through Chicago on a trip!), driving 6
to 9 hours, stopping to do something interesting and spend the night,
getting up early on Friday to complete the trip to Crestview.
Originally, we were planning to drive the whole way on Thursday and do
something interesting in the Crestview area on Friday, but exhaustive
googling did not unearth ANYTHING interesting in that area during
early January ;-)

Trish is willing to do the car museum on the way home, but she would
like something different for the way there. Any ideas?
David L