[Spridgets] Unintended Acceleration

To: Spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: [Spridgets] Unintended Acceleration
From: "cclabaw@juno.com" <cclabaw@juno.com>
Date: Mon, 4 Jan 2010 01:47:21 GMT
Listers -

My experience was with a '53 Jag Mk 7M.  Like all early Jags, it was designed
as RHD then
converted to LHD (WHD?).  The throttle linkage (ball and spring-loaded socket)
had to
snake over the engine from the left-side pedal to the right-side carbs.  When
the linkage
got worn, the ball would slip out of the socket, at which point a spring
(intended to
take up all the slack in the links) would push the last rod to WOT.  I quickly
learned
the "dash-dive" to the key and how to reattach the links in the dark, on
snowy,
freezing Seattle nights.

Life was cheap in those days.

Clay L.
'67 Sprite

Love Spell
Click here to light up your life with a love spell!
http://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL2141/c?cp=H6GWpVSfpc6Hp9NhruXZwwAAJ1BXoFC
g_GoYpsOBXA-_r2I8AAYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAADNAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARwAAAAA=