Re: [Spridgets] paging Peter C

To: "Bud Osbourne" <abcoz@hky.com>
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] paging Peter C
From: Peter Caldwell <peter@nosimport.com>
Date: Tue, 05 Jan 2010 10:59:13 -0600
Bud,
         I wanted to ask a few local mechanics before I
responded..... they all said take the bullet!

         No, really, the newer-than-02's FWD 4-cylinder models are
MUCH improved over the earlier ones. You know the problems with the
early ones. They've gotten better. Apparently the ECU is no longer
stored under water. The brakes seem to work now. The spindly dozen or
so control arms though fragile, are inexpensive. The engine
management system involves more coils, but they seem to last more
than 30K this time.

         I recommend first that you take the "Passat" emblem from the
dead one, and glue it on a Toyota, but, failing that, get the model
you like. The 1.8T Auto is a good choice.
         I also recommend heated seats... works great for bringing
pizza home:-)

Peter
==