Re: [Spridgets] Question

To: Shop-Talk <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] Question
From: Jim Johnson <bmwwxman@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 21 Jan 2010 00:28:09 -0600
Amen, Billy.  Gear drives are the best solution and probably no more
expensive than chains or belts.

Cheers!!
Jim

On Wed, Jan 20, 2010 at 8:11 PM, Billy Zoom <billyzoom@billyzoom.com> wrote:

> Timing chains can stretch and get loose enough to slip a cog...even with a
> tensioner, but I've never known one to break.  The most common failure is
> for the chain to keep going when the engine stops. That will retard the
> timing enough for the car to not start and be purchased really cheap.
> Personally, I like gear drives, but not the Chevy six crap with the fiber
> gears that strip. The Studebakers were pretty indestructible as were the
> Ford flatheads.
> BZ

> Suggested annual donation $12.75
>
> You are subscribed as bmwwxman@gmail.com
>
> http://www.team.net/archive

Cheers!!
Jim
In my many years I have come to a conclusion that one useless man is a
shame, two is a law firm, and three or more is a congress."
       John Adams
       US diplomat & politician (1735 - 1826)