Re: [Spridgets] jack point locations,

To: Linda Grunthaner <grunthaner@gmail.com>, "spridgets
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] jack point locations,
From: Phil Nase <nases@verizon.net>
Date: Sat, 23 Jan 2010 14:21:50 -0500
Hey Lin.

On my bugeye I usually put the rear stands under the spring box (front of the
spring).  The front stands can go under the two longitudinal frame rails near
the front of the engine.  Be careful in the front not to crush a fuel or brake
line between the frame and stand.

With the rear stands under the spring boxes it will let the rear axle housing
to hang down a bit giving you better access to the gas tank hard line
fitting.

You'll want to preserve the fitting and hard line out of the gas tank.  At
least enough of it to clamp a new rubber fuel line on it if needed.

If you're lucky some compressed air into the tank may clear the line.  I had a
similar problem and that did the trick for me.  I kept the pressure pretty low
before blowing it in there.  I then put a fuel filter in front of my electric
fuel pump.

Phil Nase
Quakertown, PA
http://home.comcast.net/~philnasecpa/