Re: [Spridgets] was Bucket, Now FIAT

To: spridgets@autox.team.net, David Ambrose <stargazer1@cox.net>
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] was Bucket, Now FIAT
From: HealeyRick <healeyrick@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 28 Jan 2010 18:13:44 -0800 (PST)
Wasn't trying to take a cheap shot at FIATS, ran mine to over 100k with hardly
any problems.  The twin cam motor in the 124 Spiders was sweet and loved to
rev.  Only thing that killed the cars was the rust (ok, one of the Spiders was
killed by the bow of a 67 Pontiac Bonneville that rear ended it). Read
recently that the X 1/9s were made from cheap Russian steel and that Bertone
used to leave the bare steel finished bodies outside in the rain, then painted
right over them.  Don't know if it's true but my X 1/9 started rusting around
the windshield pillar in under a yr from buying it new.

Rick

Follow My Nasty Boy Build:  http://tinyurl.com/yj52fwo