[Spridgets] Selling my Bugeye

To: Spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Spridgets] Selling my Bugeye
From: Ron Soave <soavero@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 29 Jan 2010 23:42:24 -0800 (PST)
1960 Bugeye, $11,900.

Currently has 1275 with a Weber and ribcase. A good
948 with less than 10,000 miles on it was pulled for the 1275, and it comes
with the car, as does a pair of HS2 carburetors. Paint is British Racing Green
(Aston Martin's version, "New Racing Green."). Biscuit interior that somehow
looks factory, great all around condition. 1275 was assembled by me to
meticulous standards and runs beautifully. Pistons are .020-over stock dish.
Cam is a tick hotter than street, car goes like stink. Car still has
generator, 4 wheel drum brakes, stock wheels and many other stock elements.
Currently running a 3.90 rear end, which makes it a little more pleasant at 50
- 65 MPH. It has been well maintained and driven regularly, most recently this
summer as a daily fair weather driver. Many listers can vouch for this car. It
has literally thousands of dollars of good Peter C parts on it. It's been idle
since November and I will go through it thoroughly as soon as the
 weather warms a bit here in Illinois, and I am confident you could drive it
home anywhere. When I bought it 13(!) years ago, I drove it from Louisville to
Melbourne FL, and the car has only been improved since then.

It has been on
again/off again with this car for years, mostly due to racing interests and
E-Type/Elan lust. I think this time is it.