Re: [Spridgets] Fwd: [Healeys] Healey Day at Blackhawk Farms

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] Fwd: [Healeys] Healey Day at Blackhawk Farms
From: Ron Soave <soavero@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 1 Apr 2010 19:03:59 -0700 (PDT)
Run what you brung, no loaners. Race cars and street cars are on different
days of the month. For street car days, you need a driver's license and if it
is a convertible, a roll bar (must be able to lock in the "UP" position if it
is retractable). No race cars on track car days, which will limit my
volunteering significantly.

There are a lot of guys with track day cars out
there, surprisingly. My first vict..., er, student will be Bruce Murphy and
his WRX-STi. His race license expired 10 years or so ago, but he was turning
SCCA respectable lap times during touring.

Ron

--- On Thu, 4/1/10, Larry

<ladaniels@sbcglobal.net>
> Subject: Re: [Spridgets] Fwd: [Healeys] Healey Day
at Blackhawk Farms
spridgets@autox.team.net, "'Peter Caldwell'" <peter@nosimport.com>, "Neil
Anderson" <neilandcustom@gmail.com>
> Date: Thursday, April 1, 2010, 7:43 PM

Ron, what's the story on the track
> days?  I recall in SCCA that there were
> rent-a-racer cars available.  Do you guys have any
> cars available?

wouldn't mind putting some hot laps in, but don't want to
> buy a car for a

lousy couple days a year.

> Since my racing license expired 15+ years ago,
what would I
> need to do to
> put in some laps?  A school weekend or would
they
> accept my record of
> finishes from years ago to show that I'm not a
complete
> idiot out there?
> Promise I won't hold everybody up!
>
> Could