Re: [Spridgets] Gear Shift Question

To: Kirk Hargreaves <khargreaves2@gmail.com>, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] Gear Shift Question
From: Robert E. Shlafer <pilotrob@webtv.net>
Date: Sun, 04 Apr 2010 19:14:16 GMT
Not at all.

Did'nt do this with my VP3 equipped Vizardized 1340 '74 Spridget considering
the cam came in at 3k however, skipped 3rd and 4th depending on operating
conditions in my 5 speed, 3.7 diff equipped Rivergate 1293 with orgininal late
Cooper "S" cam advanced 4 degrees per Vizard as this was a "stop light to stop
light" tune, unlike the PO's Vizarized Spridget with excellent
low-mid/mid-range torque and most especially so when equipped with 1.5 rockers
for improved cylinder filling over the cam's torque curve.

Just don't "load" or "lug" the motor and if you find yourself having  to do so,
you're doing it wrong.

Ether go to a higher rpm in the previous gear or don't "skip".

Did I mention not to "lug" the motor?? :):)

Cap'n. Bob      '60 :{)