[Spridgets] Jag Inline 6

To: mhagopian@hoppetool.com
Subject: [Spridgets] Jag Inline 6
From: Kirk Hargreaves <khargreaves2@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 10 Apr 2010 15:05:39 -0700
Matt,

I have been told by Jag mechanics, and have also read, that the inline 6's
are very strong engines - as reliable as a small block V8?

If they are maintained and taken care of they will last as long as a small
block?

Possibly the greater issues with the E Type might have to do with the Lucas
components?

Another question. .  I have also heard that the straight 6 (more likely the
4.3, not sure) is just about as fast as the Jag V-12? - that the differences
in acceleration are minimal.  . and depending on the driver, the straight 6
might even be faster?

Kirk

Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
Suggested annual donation  $12.75