[Spridgets] A whole heck of a lot of oil suddenly

To: "'spridgets list'" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Spridgets] A whole heck of a lot of oil suddenly
From: "Chris Manuel" <cmanuel@wi.rr.com>
Date: Wed, 14 Apr 2010 19:47:31 -0500
Driving to work this morning I had some rather sudden backfiring/spitting
carbs, followed by a fantastic cloud of burning oil.

Fortunately right in front of the office, that was the only positive thing I
think.

The whole engine was covered in oil, and it was coming out of the breather
on the valve cover.  Emailed and called for some roadside advice (Thanks Ron
and Peter) and had it towed back home to deal with later and see if a lifter
fell off or something.

Popped the cover, everything seems tight and in place.  Leveled the oil and
started it up.  Perfect.  Oil pressure shows up on the dash gauge.
About 2 minutes later an oil mist spews out the breather hole.  Temporarily
plug the breather and go around the block.  Power seems good, brought it
over 3000 rpms fine.  Oil is now seeping through the cap (that I can
understand)

This is new to me.  Pardon my acronyms but WTF?  Did something dislodge
somewhere and plug a port?  I'm at a loss on this one.

Chris

66MKIII with a 1098

Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
Suggested annual donation  $12.75