Re: [Spridgets] Robbins/Amco/EZ ON

To: Kitterer Bob <bkitterer@me.com>
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] Robbins/Amco/EZ ON
From: "rrengineer @dslextreme.com" <rrengineer@dslextreme.com>
Date: Fri, 4 Jun 2010 00:36:42 -0700
The top I bought for my Bugeye a few years ago was from Little British Car
Company off their web site.  Apparently it is drop shipped from England.
According to LBC Company it was made by the original maker when the car was
new.  It came with all the fittings and I had to mark and make the holes in
the right places.  Really not a bad way to spend an afternoon.  You also
need both the front and rear bars, but the holes in the back are in the
right place.  The only problem I have with the top is the sewn peak that
locates the forward fold out bow is behind where the bow extends out to.  So
the top is loose unless I pull the bow back out of full extension and the
tightness of the top keeps it in place, unless I hit a big bump or pothole,
then everything goes loose again.  Other than that, the top is very good
quality material and is priced somewhat cheaper than the usual suspects.
Can't say what the tops for the later cars are like in fitment, but at least
you can order different colors and even get one with a zippered rear
window.  All this talk of bad fitting tops has me wondering where I should
buy the top for my BN2 resto project or just have one made at a shop.
Mike MacLean
60 Sprite
56 BN2

Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html