Re: [Spridgets] trucks

To: "Wm. Severin Thompson" <wsthompson@thicko.com>, "'Billy Zoom'"
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] trucks
From: "Bud Osbourne" <abcoz@hky.com>
Date: Tue, 22 Jun 2010 10:30:40 -0400
OK, then it must have been the 1/2 ton models that used the coil springs.  I
remember being told by the port engineers that, when they threw a load of
Alco 251B cylinder heads & liners in that old truck, the back end would tend
to wag around a bit.  I never had that problem with my '73 and later
Chevys....and I used to put some hellacious loads on them.
You're right about the old Chevys being really tough.  I know that around
here (Pittsburgh area), there are far more old Chevy trucks still running
around than there are Fords of similar vintage.  Dodges don't seem to last
as long as the Fords, if old Dodge sightings are any indication.
Bud Osbourne