Re: [Spridgets] (no subject)

To: fastvee <fastvee@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] (no subject)
From: Frank Clarici <spritenut@comcast.net>
Date: Tue, 29 Jun 2010 20:44:27 -0400
On 6/29/2010 10:31 AM, fastvee wrote:
> I am getting close to having one of my cars ready for paint,

Hose out the garage, what ever you can the day before. Walls, floor,
overhead door, etc.
De-Dust it as best as you can.
Then hang plastic (I even gave up on that when the plastic stuck to the
fresh paint once) but it helps keep the dust down.
De-bug! Spray bug juice once the doors are closed and before your final
cleaning and tack ragging. One moth will crawl from the hood to the
trunk before it dies on the new paint.
I have a cheap fan in one window and open the window across the garage
just a little for positive ventilation. Low speed on the fan doesn't
cause as much dust or dried airborne paint to fly across the wet paint.
A 3M respirator and I squirt the car.
There are fumes, mostly inside the garage and on the fan side of the
garage but it should only take an hour or so to give it several coats.
Clean the gun with the respirator on while the overspray settles and
walk away for another 30 minutes.
Go back, check out your work, shut off the fan, and the fumes should be
gone.

--
Frank Clarici
Toms River, NJ