[Spridgets] S.I.A.T.A

To: Spridgets <Spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Spridgets] S.I.A.T.A
From: Kitterer Bob <bkitterer@me.com>
Date: Thu, 22 Jul 2010 20:24:32 -0700
There was a foreign car dealer near where I went to high school and I would
stop in almost every school day on my way home.  One day in 1953 or 1954 there
was an aggressive looking white car on the show room floor.  So in I went to
see a marque that I had never seen - SIATA.  The manger whom I had gotten to
know quite well told me it was a SIATA Spider and the little V8 delivered 150
hp at the rear wheels ! ! !   Not bad for 1953 from a two liter V8.  I have
only seen one other one, or perhaps it was the same one, some months later
going down a street being driven by a little white haired lady who's head was
barley above the door.

For quite a few years now I have been trying to find information on these cars
but none of the searches came up with the correct car.  I was almost to the
point of wondering how bad my memory ha become when in an ad in a recent
Autoweek there was the car in red, a 1953 SIATA 208S.  This car belonged to
Steve McQueen and is for sale at www.canepa.com  Go to collectable cars on
their site, third row down, second car in.  Click on the photo for lots more
pictures of the car.  A great looking and performing car.

Bob Kitterer

1960 Austin Healey Sprite (Mk IV in disguise) - in storage
1966 Austin Healey Sprite Mk III (Trevor) - still in boxes - in storage

Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
Suggested annual donation  $12.75
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Forums: http://www.team.net/forums