Re: [Spridgets] MG Pen

To: MadMarx <tr4racing@googlemail.com>
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] MG Pen
From: fastvee <fastvee@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 6 Oct 2010 05:06:59 -0700 (PDT)
Rich,
Very nice workmanship!
I use the Leblond Regal lathe at work for most things, but my garage lathe is
a 6" Craftsman. Couldn't do without it.
John
Fogelsville, PA

--- On Tue, 10/5/10, Richard Ball <richb@u.washington.edu> wrote:
I would love to have one of those.

I'm a little old school in this.  I learned to turn on my Grandfathers old
'40's Craftsman lathe.  When ever we took a road trip to LA to see my
Grandparents I would spend the off time in his shop.  When he passed away my
father inherited all his tools and gave me the lathe since that was what I
liked to work on the most.  So while others are using the nice newer smaller
lathes I still use the old Craftsman and don't mind a bit.

Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
Suggested annual donation  $12.75
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Forums: http://www.team.net/forums