[Spridgets] Fuel pumps

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: [Spridgets] Fuel pumps
From: Martyn Ridley <ridleymj@bis.on.ca>
Date: Mon, 25 Oct 2010 10:01:23 -0400
There is an old expression that says "the only thing wrong with
Lucas(British) electrics is American mechanics".  NAPA???  Please go
to your British parts guy and get the OEM pump.  I admit that last
year my 50 year old mechanical pump developed a pin hole leak and I
had to get a new one. For those on negative/positive earth electric
pumps - later cars I believe, there are OEM equivalents out there.

Linda, Sterling is at $1.60, there are plenty of UK suppliers (A Head
for Healeys, AH Spares, Moss UK, Brown & Gammons - to name only those
I have used and can recommend) that will supply your requirements.

NB: I chased my fuel pump issue for six months, tiny pin hole, took a
week to cause trouble but proof was it would not pump up once the
lines had been blown backwards.

Cheers,
Martyn

Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html