[Spridgets] M/C problem solved

To: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Spridgets] M/C problem solved
From: Greg Higgins <g.h.higgins@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 7 Nov 2010 01:10:42 -0400
Thanks to everyone who responded, with help from the list I figured out the
problem. If you are going to have a brain cramp or senior's moment make it a
good one. This was suppose to be a quick fix putting new seals in the M/C. I
went to my local Canadian Tire store to buy some brake fluid, I'm thinking I
need silicon but see synthetic dot 4, both containers are the same colour, I
pick dot 4, go figure.

When you mix synthetic dot 4 and silicon dot 5, it looks like balsamic vinegar
salad dressing when you bleed the system.
I bought all new rubber seals and brake hoses today for about $110.00, I'll
give the brake lines a good cleaning with mineral spirits and alcohol, flush
with silicon brake fluid, I should have everything put back together Sunday
night.

The good part is, I can now pull and rebuild  the M/C in under an hour,
practice makes perfect. Guy D. thanks for the link on mixing different brake
fluid.

Thanks again to all

Greg Higgins
63sprite