Re: [Spridgets] Ignition switch problems.

To: David Ambrose <stargazer1@cox.net>
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] Ignition switch problems.
From: CosmicMag1380 <cosmicmag1380@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 21 Nov 2010 19:35:57 -0500
On Sun, Nov 21, 2010 at 6:54 PM, David Ambrose <stargazer1@cox.net> wrote:
> It looks like I have almost a volt of drop at the ignition switch in my
> son's '70 midget. Is it possible to get in there and clean the contacts?
> It's been 25 years since I had one of these out. and I just don't remember
> whether one can dismantle them.
>
> Failing that, can anyone sell me a switch?
------------------------------------
In order to get to the electrical part of the ignition you have to
remove the whole assembly. There are two shear bolts that you have to
cut slots into in order to use a screwdriver to turn them out. After
that it is pretty straightforward. The electrical part is opposite the
key switch. There is a metal bar that connects the two. That is what
causes the electrical contact whan you turn the key to the start
position.

Since the disassembly is the same to clean the contacts or to replace
the part, try cleaning first... Nothing to lose! I probably have a
spare piece if you really need one.

--
Kent
1960 Bugeye