Re: [Spridgets] 2011 Targa car and 2010 story in a nutshell...

To: David Lieb <72spridget@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] 2011 Targa car and 2010 story in a nutshell...
From: Ron Soave <soavero@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 2 Feb 2011 17:32:17 -0800 (PST)
--- On Wed, 2/2/11, David Lieb <72spridget@gmail.com> wrote:
> I was trying to say that it sounded like a great choice for
> the event,
> but a little like bringing a gun to a knife fight.

Not exactly - many are pros. Last year, 2 time winner Roy Hopkins had Bilstein
dial in his car over 3 days of road and track development prior to the
race...2009 had Rod (or Steve? I forget) Millen in the factory Nissan GTR (0 to
60 in 2.9 seconds) and the Audi guy who was 6 time World Rally Cup Champion. It
is not a gun fight, it's a nuclear war. Last year also had Andy Comrie Picard,
multiple North American Rally Champ, part-time Top Gear "Stig", and X-Games
winner (and he came in 3rd in the rally!); The team from Turks and Caicos
brought an Exige...privateers are the underdog, and most of them have AWD
Porsches. Our 162,000 BMW with an automatic is AKA "Helga the Underdog."

Ron

Ron

Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
Suggested annual donation  $12.75