Re: [Spridgets] Looking forward to "50yrs of Midgets - A Spridget

To: Trevor Jessie <trevor.jessie@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] Looking forward to "50yrs of Midgets - A Spridget
From: Frank Clarici <spritenut@comcast.net>
Date: Tue, 15 Feb 2011 22:29:12 -0500
On 2/15/2011 9:36 PM, Trevor Jessie wrote:
> "50 Years of Midgets - A Spridget Event!!

What he SAID!

I too have been to more than one Sprite event and a few Healey events.
Healey 92 International was a total waste of time and I swore I would
never attend another Healey event ever.
And so far I have not.
They are NOT for Sprite owners.
Now being to the Sprite 30, 35, 40, 45, & 2 50th's They are not to ne
missed. And Midgets along with Minis and Minors were always welcome at
the Sprite meets.
50 years of Midgets will be just as much fun or more than any of the
others I have attended.
Like Trevor said, we all have the same common bond. Not ONE of us is out
to impress the other Spridget owner like a lot of big Healey owners are.
I had a big Healey, I took it to Carlisle in the rain, I was alone in
the Healey field. Well it was raining as it always does in Carlisle.
It rained at all but one Sprite anniversary event but we all had fun
none the less.
I was at Road America and the resort hotel (s) last year. Tiki bar,
racer's bar, so the atmosphere is just perfect. lake view too.
The country side is also perfect for spirited driving with no traffic.
I don't think there is a traffic light for 50 miles, maybe more and that
is on the country roads. The scenery is top notch too.
Just picture you and your significant other, top down, wind in your hair
or at least her hair if you forgot where you put yours ;)
Green fields and red barns everywhere with rolling hills where you can
downshift into third going down and nail it going back up the next hill.
Imagine driving at speed around the greatest road course in the USA!
And in your Spridget!
LotO was great but Elkhart Lake will be even better.
No traffic like LotO unless you call 100+ Spridgets in town traffic.
And a road course to master at speed.
It will be the best I assure you. Not that the others were bad, but the
best is yet to come.

--
Frank Clarici
Toms River, NJ