Re: [Spridgets] Spridgets] Open Carry - Cat and the 9mm

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] Spridgets] Open Carry - Cat and the 9mm
From: Lee Fox <lee.fox@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Fri, 25 Feb 2011 18:44:57 -0600
Kirk,

I agree completely. I think everyone who thinks open carry or concealed
carry is the greatest thing ever needs to take the concealed carry
training. It will really open your eye to the reality of using a lethal
weapon. Trust me, you don't want to do it.

I think it was David L who made the comment the other day about being
situationally aware of your surroundings. I got a CCW permit a few years
ago because I traveled a lot alone to remote places and strange towns
and thought I would be better protected. Plus, it was cool.

I'm glad I took the course because it taught me that if you are aware of
what is going on around you you can avoid trouble 99.9999 percent of the
time and if you are tempted to use a weapon to think again. I am much
more likely now to NOT use a gun than before. 'Righteous' shoot or not,
you WILL be sued by the bad guys or his/her heirs and it will cost your
thousands of dollars and a troubled conscious for years. Leave law
enforcement to the professionals and stay out of those places your
mother warned you about. Besides, it's more fun to punch holes in paper.

Lee

On 2/25/2011 1:00 PM, spridgets-request@autox.team.net wrote:
>   [Spridgets] Open Carry - Cat and the 9mm
> To: Brad Fornal<tequila.brad@gmail.com>
> Cc: Spridgets<spridgets@autox.team.net>
>

> The course was a very sobering experience as I became aware of the civil
> actions that typically follow a self defense shooting.  At least in
> California, the civil issues that occur in the aftermath can get very
> messy.  You must be sure that you are matching force for force. . and still
> you are very likely going to have problems.
>

> Kirk

Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
Suggested annual donation  $12.75
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive