[Spridgets] ...wheel bearings

Subject: [Spridgets] ...wheel bearings
From: John.Deikis at va.gov (Deikis, John G)
Date: Mon, 14 Feb 2011 12:37:24 -0500
I switched to tapered roller bearings on my vintage racer out of concern
for side loads under racing conditions, blah blah blah...the whole
slippery slope. Setting endfloat with shims is a royal PITA. I would
never go to this trouble with a street car, nor did I with my bugeye.
Use high quality ball bearings, pack them with the latest synthetic
bearing mousse, and forget them. How many hundreds of thousands of miles
are you expecting to drive?

Just my $0.02.

JohnD

Message: 14